MY FIRST LESSON IN RELATIONSHIP

There have been numerous issues about ladies not identifying early enough guys who would truly love if they give in; and in the process, take those guys for granted.  I never realized how painful and heartbroken that can be till I lost someone who I later on found out that he truly loves me.”


This was the statement of Nana Ama of level 100 when she shared an important issue of her relationship with me a week ago. Today, Ama has written to me explaining how that all happened and how she handled it. I invite you to read and learn from it.

“I was having a pleasant relationship with a guy who happens to be a childhood friend. Our parents knew us as siblings and as time passed by, so do our friendship kept growing and active. We grew up together and realized we loved each other. I wasn’t sure of my love for him so I decided to move on and hoped to meet the right person one day. I never told him about my decision so we were still moving on and the more intimate and stronger our relationship became. On weekends, I visit him and we do all the house chores together as ‘married couple’.

I later on met on campus a level 400 dude whose proposal I accepted. So it happened that I started dating two guys. I thought I could keep it to myself without letting him know what I was doing. Unfortunately,’ the cat was finally out of the bag’ one fateful day when they had a coincidental clash at my hostel. This got me in a very difficult situation: my childhood guy asked us to quit and move on with our lives whilst the guy I met on campus also ended our relationship for deceiving him. I felt so guilty and confused, not knowing exactly what to do knowing I have lost both. All these brought me emotional difficulties, portraying me as ‘foolish’ in the eyes of my friends. It wasn’t long after this drama when I realized that I was deeply in love with my childhood guy and that I can’t let him go.”

WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WERE TO FIND YOURSELF IN AMA’S SHOES? AMA FELT SHE COULDN’T LET GO OF THE GUY SO TRIED AND HAD HIM. LET’S SEE HOW THAT HAPPENED…! 

“Well, the first was that I accepted my mistakes and rendered an apology to him on his day of birth. I realized he was usually in good mood on his day of birth.  Trust me, it was very difficult but I managed to do that. He was surprised to see me in his room which was locked before living to work. I managed to gain his attention by kneeling, crying and using romantic ways to express how sorry I was and promised not to repeat that again.

Believe me, it wasn’t easy at all: he used abusive words on me saying he was disappointed in me. Knowing exactly that I was to blame, I kept pleading until he finally voiced out that he has really forgiven me. Though we are together again, the level of trust he has for me now has reduced and that makes me feel bad sometimes. I wish I could have avoided those mistakes but hey, it’s too late. I have learnt my lesson in a difficult way; I pray you do not find yourself in a similar one.
Thank you.
Nana Ama
Level 100- Ghana Institute of Journalism."

Sometimes, because of pride and arrogance, we lose what is ours and pretend as if we don’t care even if we do. For one not to lose the partner, one must admit mistakes, listen to each other, be realistic, show affection in whatever way you can, be loyal, understand each other and the key factor should be communication.

That is it for this week. Please do visit this blog next week for yet another educative and tantalizing relationship story happening right here on campus. “Things are really happening in GIJ”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BAKED CLAY, A POISONOUS SUBSTANCE FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION

WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION FOR LOVE?

4 STEPS TO BUILD A PERSONAL BRAND