CELEBRATING FRIENDSHIP



 International day of friendship is celebrated on the 30th of July every year. Come to think of it, who is a friend? My definition of a friend is someone who shows love and care no matter the circumstance and appreciates you for who you are.  “A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.” proverbs 18:24. A faithful friend is the medicine of life and they that fear the lord shall find him. The bible even appreciates a good friendship.
I have several friends, some of whom I call as "hi-bye" friends, casual friends, common-interest friends, mutual friends and a few life-long true friends. While I looked back at my relationship with them, I began to realize certain qualities within these friends that attracted me to them and kept me close to them.
With this year’s celebration, I want to appreciate these wonderful friends of mine, who one way or the other has contributed to my life. Dora Badu Acheampong, Priscilla Ofosuware, Offeibea Abboah, Ethel obenewaa Asare, Priscilla Akosua Larbie, Wendy Akua Darko, Linda Appiah Darkoa, Bernice Boafo, Mabel Blankson, Esther Yaa Mensah, Sebastine Awaya, Gabriel Nii Obodai Torgbor Ashong, Samuel Creepy, Edmong Kwesi Gablah, Kwame Misty, Eugene Acheampong, Stephen Sarfo,Gideon Kwabena Yeboah not forgetting Abigail Brobbey, Eunice Gbetsivi, Vida Atson, Lydia Botchway, Charllote Asare, Prince Duncan Benjamin Kattah, Cearsar Bobson, Doris Boadu, Jacqline Amoako, Fatimatu Ballah, Lawrencia Owusu most especially YOU and all that their names were not stated. I have you all at heart and appreciate the good and bad memories you left behind. Your friendship has made me a better person.  
Every one of us needs at least one good  friend that you can share your secrets to, confess your sins to, admit your faults to, be completely open, honest, and transparent with, to pray for you, and to keep whatever you reveal to him or her in strict confidence.  There is nothing more precious on this earth than having a friend who is more than a brother or sister. But remember, that friends can make and unmake you, so when choosing, choose wisely.
HAPPY INTERNATIONAL DAY OF FRIENDSHIP……LOVE YOU.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BAKED CLAY, A POISONOUS SUBSTANCE FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION

WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION FOR LOVE?

4 STEPS TO BUILD A PERSONAL BRAND